Nuffnang

Sunday, May 29, 2016

3 step basic banana loaf

Would you believe me if I say that you don't even need to have a mixer for this? I hope you do because I only used a big bowl and a whisk. That is basically all for the equipment. And it was all I could do after so many happenings going on in my life. Life is just beginning to settle down once again. I'm trying to get the hang of it.
 
Ok, are you rolling your eyes at this because I've baked too many of the banana breads or banana cakes thingy? Hahaha!! I love to bake them because they are just too easy peasy :P
 
Anyway let's get down to this easy peasy banana loaf.
 
Ingredients:
 
225g buckwheat flour (I used 100g spelt flour and 125g rye flour)
220g coconut sugar (I used 150g brown sugar)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 cup mashed bananas (I used about 4 medium size bananas)
1 egg
140g plain yoghurt (don't use flavoured ones!)
60ml grapeseed oil (I used canola oil)
80ml maple syrup (I used agave syrup)
2 tsp vanilla paste
1 banana, extra, halved
 
Method: 
  1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
  2. Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix to combine.
  3. Add the banana, egg, yoghurt, oil, maple syrup and vanilla and mix to combine. 
  4. Pour into a lightly greased 21cm x 10m x 7cm (1.75-litre-capacity) loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper I used baking spray and spread it all over the tin and top with the banana halves. 
  5. Cook for 1 hour–1 hour 10 minutes and then tent it with a foil over the bread for about 10 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
  6. Brush with extra maple syrup to serve. Serves 6–8.
 
Check out the picture above. It may look unappealing but trust me, before I could even get a decent picture of how the bread looks like inside. It was almost all gone. I probably need to bake one more loaf.
 
I'm submitting this post to I Heart Cooking Clubs - May Potluck.
 
 

No comments: