Nuffnang

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks

For this blog-hop event, I was looking through the whole string of recipes Curtis Stone cooks or bakes from. This recipe seem simple but I think I really want to know how Curtis' version of an ultimate cookie is like ;) When I saw Zoe's version, I thought it was the right cookie to bake :)

Here's the recipe below and my modifications in blue, of course.

Ingredients:

250g unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup natural chunky peanut butter (about 9 ounces / 280 grams)
100g light brown sugar (I used 120g brown sugar)
112.5g caster sugar (I used 80g caster sugar)
125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 ½ tablespoons honey
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
155 grams semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used big chocolate chips instead)



Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C. For my oven temperature, I used 170 degrees celsius so do understand your oven temperature before you alter the settings.
  2. Line 3 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper.
  3. Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
  4. Using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, honey, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
  5. Stir the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture in 2 additions.
  6. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
  7. Scoop about 3 tablespoonfuls of dough for each cookie onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 2 1/2 inches apart. I refrigerated my cookies batter with a clingwrap for about 2-3 days to allow the flavours in the cookies to absorb.
  8. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the cookies puff and begin to brown on top but are still very soft to the touch.
  9. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes.
  10. Using a metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a rack and eat warm or cool completely.
Check out the unbaked version.


For an additional chewy texture, I altered the sugars a bit by making the percentage of the brown sugar more than the caster sugar. However, Mr G still found that a tad crispy for his liking. He merely said hmm, I think I need a cuppa coffee with this to dunk them in. Aww....despite my dislike for peanut butter, I still tried the cookie to taste. I think the natural sweetness of honey is beginning to show through the cookie. Maybe the cookie will taste even better tomorrow. I think they always do ;)


This time, the best verdict is from my girlfriend. She said, I am never a fan of peanut butter but then, this cookie is really yummy :):) That sums it all for me YIPPEE!!

So after seeing some Curtis Stone's posts from me, wanna cook or bake like Curtis Stone? To join, simply cook or bake any recipe from Curtis Stone's website, his recipe collection at Coles website or at Masterchef Australia or his cookbooks and blog hop with us for the whole month of July 2013. For more details, please see this.

To blog hop with us, simply copy and paste this linky HTML code into your blog post where you want the blog hop list to appear. Make sure you are in HTML view/mode when you paste in the code. get the InLinkz code.



No comments: